Heritage Christian University is seeking an accountant to join the Heritage family in fulfilling the University’s mission of advancing the Lord’s church by equipping servants through undergraduate and graduate programs and continuing education. The job title and financial package will depend on the applicant’s credentials and experience. Applicants should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a four-year university with a major in accounting or business and preferably have work experience in accounting. CPA designation is preferred but not required.
Those interested need strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of new software programs, especially Crystal Reporting, is a bonus. Applicants need the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical business procedures and government regulations. The ability to effectively present information to administrators, students, Board members, vendors, donors, and the general public is also important. In addition, applicants should be team players with communication and people skills, integrity, a strong work ethic, and organizational skills. Candidates must be professing Christians, active members of a local congregation of the churches of Christ, and committed to the mission of Heritage Christian University.
Those interested should submit a resume/vita to Senior Vice President of Administration Pat Moon at email@example.com AND Dr. W. Kirk Brothers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hiring process will proceed according to the policies highlighted below from the 2021 Heritage Christian University Administrative Staff Handbook (p. 6):
Selection and Hiring of Staff: The university bases staff employment on educational qualifications, evidence of ability, personal and professional integrity, and future promise.
- The University recognizes that diversity among faculty, students, and staff offers innumerable benefits and is consistent with the principles of the Scriptures. Diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic levels, racial cultures, and the duality of gender bring rich experiences and perspectives to the university. Therefore, the university seeks to recruit faculty, staff, and students from diverse races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and socioeconomic groups.
- The following qualifications are required of staff members at Heritage Christian University:
- Christian character displayed in one’s personal life.
- A member in good standing of a local congregation of the church of Christ.
- The hiring process proceeds as follows:
- Based upon need and available funding in a particular department area, the department director or supervising administrator initiates a search based on the criteria above if a director position is vacant. The search will include a notice on the HCU website, faculty staff meeting, HCU newsletter, and any other means deemed appropriate for the type of individual needed.
- Upon identifying potential staff members, the department director/administrator reviews résumés to assess qualifications and notifies selected applicants.
- The potential staff member makes a formal application for employment.
- The department director/administrator will set up a group interview, which includes a representative from 5 different university departments, to conduct a formal interview with the applicant. (Departments are: Office of the President, Faculty, Business Office, Advancement, Enrollment, Marketing, Distance Learning, Library, Institutional Research, and IT).
- Applicants may be subjected to a background check.
- The department director/administrator may ask for a second interview as needed.
- Formal 3rd party background checks will be conducted for any new hire.
- Hiring follows the department director’s/administrator’s approval after review of a background check.