Re-entry Update 5-24-21
a. After Monday, May 24th, 2021, through July 31st.
b. Quarantine (Only change is for vaccinated individuals)
Health and Hygiene Practices
Re-entry Update 1-19-21
-Monday, January 4– Faculty and staff return to campus.
-Friday, January 22 – Annual faculty/staff conference.
-Monday, January 18 through Saturday, January 23 – Students move into dorms.
-Monday, January 25 – Classes officially begin in an online format for all students.
-Monday, February 15 – Campus students move from online to in-person instruction.
-Friday, May 14 through Tuesday, May 18 – Final exams.
-Saturday, May 22– Graduation.
a. Library hours will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Patrons may use magnetic keycards during this time only.
b. To enter the library, patrons must be faculty, staff, or current HCU credit students (enrolled in spring classes being taken for credit). Visitors to the library must follow protocols in #3 above. Patrons will be subject to no-touch temperature checks upon entry.
c. Patrons must wear a mask properly while in the library (or any campus buildings). Masks will be provided if a patron needs one.
d. There will be assigned seats for social distancing.
e. Patrons are allowed limited access in the stacks (the rows of shelving).
f. Patrons are required to ask OML staff to pull books off the shelves in some designated areas.
g. Library restrooms are unavailable for use.
h. No food or drink is allowed in the library.
i. After any use of library equipment, patrons are asked to notify the librarian so that the equipment may be sanitized.
- Infected persons should contact the supervisor and any person they were in close contact with 48 hours prior to the first symptom. (See page 6 for the definition of “close contact.”
- Changes to this policy will be made when the vaccine is more widely distributed.
Re-entry Update 11-17-20
Re-Entry Guidelines Document
5. The check-in process for the library is as follows:
1. Library hours will be 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Patrons may use magnetic keycards during this time only.
2. Patrons must check in through the front entrance of the main building and
present a current “checked at the gate sticker” upon entering the library.
3. To enter the library, patrons must be faculty, staff, or current HCU credit students (enrolled in fall classes being taken for credit). Outside visitors to the library must follow protocols in #3 above.
4. Patrons must wear a mask while in the library (or any campus buildings). Masks will be provided if a patron needs one.
5. There will be assigned seats for social distancing.
6. Patrons are not allowed in the stacks (the rows of shelving).
h. Patrons are required to ask OML staff to pull books off the shelves.
6. Check-in process for the dorms is as follows:
1. Check-in is by appointment only. Coordinate appointments through Travis Harmon and/or Perry Bretherick. The student is not to arrive at the campus more than 15 minutes before the appointed move-in time and they are not to enter any buildings other than the dorm. Appointments will be staggered such that no two students are moving into the dorm at the same time.
2. Limit off-campus helpers. No more than two off-campus individuals may help with student move-in, and they must leave campus within 15 minutes of completing move-in (and before the next student starts moving in).
3. Students and off-campus helpers must follow the same protocols as the “Check-in process for the main building” (#2 above).
4. Students and off-campus visitors must wear masks while on campus.
1. We will not be serving meals in the cafeteria this fall. We hope to be able to return to doing so in the spring.
2. Chapel will be conducted with social distancing in place and all attendees and participants wearing masks.
3. There will be no off-campus chapel speakers unless they are speaking virtually.
4. The student center and gymnasium will be closed.
Re-entry Update 9-14-20
Due to several new quarantine/isolation cases according to our COVID-19 policy, we are returning to online only instruction for the next 2 weeks effective immediately. We will resume in-person instruction on Monday, September 28, 2020 pending a review of our status at that time. Instructors will continue to hold their weekly schedules for those that join class live via Zoom.
In addition, in-person chapel will be suspended as well as in-person library service for students. Jamie and Brad will work with any students who need library materials, just contact either of them for assistance.
Finally, resident students will have their mail delivered to their dorm over the next two weeks.
Thank you for your grace in the midst of these changes. As always, please pray for us!
Re-entry Updates 8-27-20
Re-entry Updates 7-31-20
Re-entry Updates 7-17-20
God is at work at Heritage Christian University! We finished the 2019-20 fiscal year with positive assets. We had over 200 people in classes this summer, with over 50 of those being credit students. We have an amazing new classroom renovation that will be such a blessing to our students and teachers. This is coupled with major renovations in several offices, the McCreary cabins, and other places on campus. As of right now, our application and enrollment numbers look good for the fall. We have made four new hires that will enrich our efforts to fulfill the HCU mission. All this happened during a major time of transition in personnel on campus and a worldwide pandemic. It happened because of the work you are doing and ultimately because we serve an awesome God!
Out of an abundance of caution and based on public health concerns, we will move to distance learning instruction exclusively beginning on Monday, March 16 and continuing through the end of the Spring 2020 semester.
All Kerr Hall resident students should make plans to move out by March 15 at 10:00 PM. Students may not return to campus until classroom instruction resumes.
Employees will continue to work on campus until otherwise notified. In some cases, remote work and “social distancing” may be appropriate. We are taking these precautions out of care and concern for the HCU community.
Other university actions:
- University events are postponed or canceled until further notice to help prevent the potential spread of the virus. This includes the HCLI Church Leadership Workshop (canceled), HCU Benefit Dinner in Winfield, and others. Contact Marketing and Events for details or questions.
- All international and non-essential domestic travel on HCU business or with HCU programs, for HCU faculty, staff, and students is suspended.
- Decisions have not yet been made on the golf tournament or the timing of spring commencement.
- Campus access will be limited to faculty, staff, and their immediate families until April 4, 2020. A decision on whether to extend that date later into the semester will be made at a later time. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.