Heritage Christian University extends many of its Library privileges to current students, faculty and staff of the University of North Alabama. Library cards are available according to the calendar year for Heritage Christian University. Individuals currently enrolled by the University of North Alabama with verifiable identification by driver’s license and current student/employee ID card may qualify.
Privileges of the card holders includes:
- In-house use of library material and facilities.
- Reference service, as time allows after first-priority service to Heritage Christian University faculty, staff, and students.
Maximum Amount of Items: 7 items (All items are subject to immediate recall)
Type of Material: Loan Period
Type of Material Loan Period Main Collection: 14 days
Audiovisuals: 14 days
Heritage Marriage and Family Resource Center: 14 days
Periodicals: Non-Circulating; Use in the building
Reference: Non-Circulating; Use in the building
Special/Museum: Non-Circulating; By appointment only
Regulations of use include:
- All patrons must adhere to the general policies of the Library.
- Borrower’s cards must be presented at time of checking out materials.
- The borrowers themselves are responsible for any overdue fines, damages and replacement costs:
- Overdue fines are 10 cents per day per item
- Lost books are the cost of the book plus $20.00 processing fee
- Lost AV materials are $40.00 each
- The borrower is responsible for observing the due date receipt received at the time of checking out.
- Renewals are only available if the item does not have an existing hold, recall, or outstanding fines.
- Interlibrary loans and online search requests are not a part of this policy and should be referred to a public library.
- All borrowers must recognize the responsibility of the University’s Library to provide materials representing different viewpoints and diversity of appeal.
- When Overton Memorial Library is closed, patrons must use the book return located at the north entrance of the library. All items returned via the book drop after closing are accepted as returned on the day last opened.