The Overton Memorial Library extends many of its library privileges to community users. Community borrower cards are available for users. All community borrowers must present a current user card at the Circulation Desk to check out materials.
Individuals may qualify as community borrower:
- Who are 21 years or older and have permanent residence in the Shoals area.
- Residency must be verifiable by proper identification such as a driver’s license or other valid documents.
Privileges of community borrower card holders includes:
- In-house use of library material and facilities.
- Reference service, as time allows after first-priority service to Heritage Christian University faculty, staff, and students.
Maximum Amount of Items: 7 items (All items are subject to immediate recall)
Type of Material: Loan Period
Type of Material Loan Period Main Collection: 14 days
Audiovisuals: 14 days
Heritage Marriage and Family Resource Center: 14 days
Periodicals: Non-Circulating; Use in the building
Reference: Non-Circulating; Use in the building
Special/Museum: Non-Circulating; By appointment only
Regulations of use include:
- All patrons must adhere to the general policies of the Library.
- Borrower’s cards must be presented at time of checking out materials.
- The borrowers themselves are responsible for any overdue fines, damages and replacement costs:
- Overdue fines are 10 cents per day per item
- Lost books are the cost of the book plus $20.00 processing fee
- Lost AV materials are $40.00 each
- The borrower is responsible for observing the due date receipt received at the time of checking out.
- Renewals are only available if the item does not have an existing hold, recall, or outstanding fines.
- Interlibrary loans and online search requests are not a part of this policy and should be referred to a public library.
- All borrowers must recognize the responsibility of the University’s Library to provide materials representing different viewpoints and diversity of appeal.
- When Overton Memorial Library is closed, patrons must use the book return located at the north entrance of the library. All items returned via the book drop after closing are accepted as returned on the day last opened.